Monday, May 14, 2012

My creativity is dying. -.-

So doubtless that anyone cares, but I just need to vent.

Lately life has just sucked. Yeah there are good bits to it (going to freaking JAPAN in T-minus 27 days!!!), but the parts that aren't good are seriously suckish. Like, I don't even want to move half the time because I have so little energy left after work, school, babysitting, blah blah. And all I can think of lately is how I miss role playing. Like, just five years ago I had several people with whom I was carrying on awesome one-on-one role plays, and it just feels like all the creative juices in mah brain have dried up now that they're over. It makes me sad. It's kind of hard to role play by yourself (believe me, I've considered it), and the site that I met these people has gone to the dogs. So IDK. I either need to come up with some ideas for a story (which, let's face it, isn't really that hard - it's the turning-ideas-into-stories bit that's difficult) or I can just lay in the creative puddle that used to be part of my brain.


FML. -_-

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling. A long time ago, I had a group of friends IRL who loved to roleplay, and we would do multi-person roleplaying over email. Then, they all just stopped roleplaying, and I was the only person left who still liked it. It was pretty depressing, being the only one. That was around the time my creative juices stopped flowing, and I hadn't worked on a book in quite some time. It felt pretty suckish, so I can relate. My advice is to start a roleplay of your own on the TS3 forums, since they're really active. That way, you get to come up with the basic ideas, and other people help you make the story happen. You won't have to do anything alone. :) I hope your trip to Japan helps get rid of the suckishness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the only one out of my friends who ever liked to roleplay. >.>

    I've considered it, but the forums are so constricting. And it's not that I'm into really explicit roleplays or anything, but sometimes my characters tend to curse and I don't want to get banned for that. Which is why I always stuck to roleplaying through email, because then I could take the time to actually write a decent response without feeling pressured, and I didn't have to worry about restrictions from websites and whatnot. :/

    There was a Harry Potter roleplay I saw on the forums that I was tempted to join, but the OP wanted everyone to start as a first year. *twitch* x_o Plus I've been lurking on it and it's kind of died. :/

    Thanks though! :) I hope so too. I'm getting kind of nervous about it, because I've never been to Asia before (strictly Europe and Canada) and it's so different from the U.S. :/

    ReplyDelete